Monday, June 9, 2008

Happy Thoughts from the Past Week

  • a very happy birthday girl
  • angel babies who remind us to do better every day
  • lots and lots of giggling princesses
  • brothers who would do absolutely anything for their little sister
  • red aprons from Cousin Bryan
  • gorgeous weather
  • running with James this morning
  • school being out! Hooray!
  • a 9 year old whose skin heals very well
  • a baby who loves to stand up ALL the time-- although this makes bath time rather stressful!
  • scouts, scouts, and more scouts!
  • a garden planted by 2 boy scouts, hot beds built and planted by 2 boy scouts, flower beds planted by 2 boy scouts
  • 2 boy scouts
  • a big pile of dirt
  • a speedy Micah
  • kids tickling the ivories at their recital
  • a kindergarten graduate
  • awards, awards, and more awards
  • dedicated scout leaders
  • Relief Society ladies rolling with laughter
  • an 8 year old with a great swing
  • a 12 year old starting his own lawn care business
  • monkey boys on the monkey bars
  • a happy baby throwing video tapes into the toilet
  • balloons floating up to Heaven
Classic Quotes from the Past Week:
  • When we made the visiting teaching movie, one of the scenes was at my house because I didn't mind having my house very, very messy. The day we were filming, I told the kids not to clean anything up, to let the house get just filthy. Then a few nights ago I was reprimanding Teancum, asking him if he thought I was his maid. He said, "remember? You told us not to clear our plates!" I guess he figured that was our new permanent policy...
  • Teancum calls baseball "the game that Jamey gets hurt in."
  • Teancum got hurt one day and said, "I feel like a bronco bronked me off a cliff!"
  • I asked Teancum why he didn't have any socks on and he said, "you only said to put on a jacket and shoes -- you never said anything about socks!"
  • This morning Teancum told me that Elizabeth was crying because she was afraid I was going to call the police and tell them to put her in jail. Then he assured me, "I know how to speak baby language, so I can tell that's what she said."
  • At Rebecca's princess party I asked each girl what her favorite princess movie was. Teancum proudly announced to all the girls, "well, I have seen EVERY Barbie princess movie!" Also, after everybody had left he very politely asked Rebecca if he could try on some of her costume jewelry, especially the earrings, and he couldn't wait to play with all of her new girly toys.

By the way, I put yearly family photos on the side in my page elements. Scroll down to 1998 and 1999 and notice the difference in our family. I used to have our family photos along the stair way in order and James and I always laughed about the 1998 to 1999 transition.




























No comments: