Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day at the Whiting House



We had a typical Father's Day at our house. James awoke to the smell of burnt food. The children waved books at the smoke alarm until it stopped beeping. Teancum said, "Mom, you lied to me! You said you didn't know how to make waffles!" We made a "breakfast buffet," Camille style, a.k.a. Charcoaled. We had pancakes, waffles, french toast, bacon, eggs, sausage, and hash browns. Oh -- and koolaid too, of course. The electricity went out just before we went out the door to church, so I was pretty worried about our Father's Day feast, which was cooking in the crock pot. I came home after sacrament meeting and luckily the power was back on. The power company truck was at our house looking at the power line between our house and the Gists's. The Ramsey's power was out over on Canyon also, so I wonder if our house took everybody else's power out too! I did have both dishwashers running, the crockpot plugged in, and Ethan was vacuuming... but none of our breakers were tripped, so I don't know... We had french dip sandwiches, peas, pears, salad, and yellow cake with chocolate frosting. The kids gave Dad their home-made Father's Day cards. I even made him one with a picture of us right after Cameron was born, that said, "we've come a long way, Baby!" And we sure have! What a difference this Father's Day is compared to 12 years ago when we celebrated with only one little guy! We hope all of you dads had a fabulous day too!!!








4 comments:

stephschmidt said...

It looks like you guys had a great Fathers Day! I love all the pictures and the tributes to all the dads. I hope they all had a great day!

Melissa said...

Sounds like a wonderful day - even with the charcoal dusting! James is a lucky guy to have a gal like you and your kids are lucky to have you both! Happy be-lated Father's Day!

Wendy said...

You made quite the feast! I'm glad you guys had a good Fathers Day!

Julie said...

It sounds like a great day. Glad the power came back on. Love the pictures.