Thursday, June 12, 2008

First Word???

Lizzie's been saying "mamamamama" when she's around me for a while, and she's been saying "dadadadada" a lot too, but nothing that I would clarify as her official "first word." But today when we were at the summer movie (Veggie Tales "The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything") Lizzie looked over my shoulder and got a big smile on her face and said, "Dad!" I turned around and sure enough, there was James coming down the aisle towards us. We were both surprised, but it was obvious she knew what she was talking about. "Dad!" Now we'll see if we can get her to say "Mom!"

I looked in the kids' journals to see what each of their first words was. Some I already knew, but some I couldn't remember. In a couple of them I had recorded a few words as their "first" so I guess we'll never know which one was actually their very first word. Look at Rebecca and Lizzie in the same pajamas...

Lizzie: First Word: "Dad"


Rebecca first words: "Mama" and "Dada"


Teancum first words: "Dada" and "go"

Jamey's first words: "Mama" and "Dada"


Ian's first word: "Mama"


Ethan's first words: "guck" (truck) and "Mama"

Micah's first words: "Mama," "Dada," and "uh-oh"


Cameron's first word: "Juice"

3 comments:

brittanyc said...

I really, truly CANNOT tell the pictures of the girls apart. To me it looks like you posted two pictures of Lizzie. They look exactly the same.
Britt

Steph said...

I agree with Britt; I think they look like twins! I love all the baby pictures. I clearly remember Dallin's first word. I had been up with him all night because he'd been sick. I went in to get him in the morning, and he looked at me, smiled, and goes "Dada!" I was ticked!

Melissa said...

How fun that you have your kids first words documented so well. I'm afraid having twins first threw me for a loop and ten years later I'm still trying to recover!