Friday, June 27, 2008

Happy Birthday Kristi!

Today is my friend Kristi's birthday. Kristi was one of the first people I met when we moved to Lander. And when she became the primary president, I suddenly became her 1st counselor, and she's been one of my best friends ever since! She works in the clerk's office at the court house so she keeps James in line (and she and the girls feed him snacks to prevent him from starving!). James calls her "KG" (and so do the kids sometimes, but then they get in trouble, because her name is "Sister Green"). She is a very generous person, always thinking of others, and very hard-working too. Her son Josh is in the military and he's in our family's prayers a lot. About a year ago I heard Jamey praying for Josh, saying, "Please bless Josh that he'll be safe in the rock." Of course, what he meant to say was, "please bless Josh that he'll be safe in Iraq." :) Being in the primary presidency ties people together for life -- my best friends from Laramie were the ones I served in the primary presidency with. Kristi, Becky, Babes, and I had a fabulous time in primary until Becky was so cruelly taken from us to serve as Relief Society president (what is that deal? those ladies don't need her as much as we do!). We've been in for 4 years now and we're still going strong (our 5th primary program is now written!). Kristi deserves to have a delicious lunch at the Olive Garden (oh, darn! we don't have an Olive Garden in Lander!) -- oh well, rain check! Happy Birthday Kristi!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Camille:
You are so thoughtful! I was so surprised to see my birthday posted on your blog. The only thing you forgot to mention was the special gift you made - a dvd of my son's baby photos. A priceless gift to a mother of a son serving in Iraq! I can't thank you enough for your love & friendship. Love, Kristi