

I have the best dad a girl could ever ask for! He was always there for me, from the time I was born until now! He came to every music recital, sporting events, school function, etc. etc. etc. that I ever had -- he was always so supportive of me and he still is! He is an excellent example of patience and love, someone that I try to emulate. When I was a little girl I used to think he was Mr. Rogers. I thought he went to work at the TV station and I always made sure that my brothers and I watched "Dad" on tv each day. I have been more sad at Tim Russert passing away than I have been at any other celebrity/movie star/tv personality, and I think it's because he has always reminded me of my Dad -- so happy-go-lucky and kind, and he was just a little bit older than my dad. It's been a good reminder this week of how much I love my dad. I'm so glad that he's been such a righteous example to me and my brothers. I love you, Dad!




James was also blessed with a righteous, kind father -- that's where James inherited his goofiness from! I'm grateful for the father he was to James and also for the grandpa he is to my kids. He's very patient with them and he teaches them all kinds of useful things. His influence on Lander remains here and I know that Landers' acceptance of our family is due in large part to him. Happy Father's Day, DadW! We love you!


Happy Father's Day to three very special dads!
This is one of my favorite books and I thought I'd share the words to it because it is so true:
"What Dads Can't Do" by Douglas Wood
There are lots of things that regular people can do but dads can't.
Dads can't cross the street without holding hands.
Dads can push, but they can't swing.
Dads can't pitch a baseball very hard or hit one very far.
When dads play hide-and-seek they always get found, but they have a hard time finding you.
They aren't very good wrestlers.
Dads lose at checkers and cards and almost every other game.
Dads aren't good at sleeping late.
And they need extra practice baiting the hook.
Sometimes dads have a hard time getting organized.
They can't drive very fast.
Dads seem to have trouble holding on to their money.
Dads can't see you hiding your lima beans at dinnertime. Or feeding them to the cat.
They can't eat just one piece of chocolate cake or one scoop of ice cream.
Dads like to give baths, but they can't help getting all wet.
Dads can't read a book by themselves.
Dads really need to be kissed good night at bedtime.
Sometimes they leave a night-light on because they're a little bit scared of the dark.
They also like to check under the bed for monsters. And in the closet.
There are so many things that dads can't do it's a wonder they make it through life at all.
But dads can't give up.
No matter how tired a dad gets, or how hard life gets, a dad never quits.
And most of all, whatever happens, a dad never stops loving you.
The pictures make it more fun, but you get the idea. Dad never stops loving you! How blessed I am to have such fantastic dads in MY life!!! I love you guys!









1 comment:
What a nice tribute! I remember when your dad was Mr. Rogers for the lip synching contest we had!
Post a Comment