Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Grand Performance of Robinson Cruesoe



I was pretty unimpressed with the 3 o'clock show, but the 7 o'clock show was quite a bit better. James and I didn't like the script or music as well in this show as in some of the others (we still sing "Pumpkin Pie" from a couple years ago around our house, but there weren't any catchy songs like that in this one, although I did like the one the Tribe sang). The high school definitely needs to get a sound system because I was on the 4th row for both shows and could barely hear the speaking and music, so I imagine the show was mostly silent to those sitting in the back. But as always, it was impressive that the kids could memorize their parts in just a week and pull off a show that was more than an hour long.

Jamey was in the "Very Scary Frowny Faced Tribe." Teancum was a chameleon. He got to be the one who they sing about in the song that is black in between 2 yellows. He's the chameleon that ends up with the black tummy in the song.
Jamey is the one with the yellow hair the second from the right in the front.

Teancum has the black tummy.
All the Chameleons
All the cast
Sorry that the videos are sometimes shaky -- Rebecca kept pulling on my arm.

Here is a video of Jamey's first song with the Frowny Faced Tribe.


Here is the first song the Chameleons sang. Teancum is the one who ends up with the black tummy.


Another song by Jamey's tribe. Jamey is the second from the right in the front.


Jamey's speaking part. Second from the end: "That's disgusting!"




The Chameleon Hula Dance -- Teancum has the blue skirt.


Here's a few seconds of the finale (I was running out of space on my memory card!)


Here is the introduction of Cameron as an Assistant Director. In the first play they just stood there dutifully and were good. In the second one, they decided they wanted to act so they put make-up on each other looking like they were beat up and then decided to punch each other in front of the audience. This was prompted by the fact that certain cast members were kicking their legs while they were waiting to go on stage and Cameron complained that he had lots of bruises because of it. I guess they were trying to make the most of it, and Cameron was happy, even if the audience didn't understand the story behind their playful punches.


And this was the photo shoot after the last performance (until my camera ran out of memory). We aren't allowed to take flash photos during the play, so they have a photo call afterwards.

It was an exhausting week, but well worth it. The kids are excited to try out in the fall. I told the twins that if I am able to trust them when I'm not with them, then I will let them try out in the fall. I'm sure Cameron will want to be an assistant director again. Micah is hoping to get a lead role. Rebecca is excited because she'll be in kindergarten so she'll be eligible to try out too. What a great experience for kids!

No comments: