The note saying that kids who had been in the previous play wouldn't get to try out unless needed must have deterred lots of people from coming, because only 15 kids showed up who were in the Mermaid play. They let them join the other kids on the stage from the very beginning. Lucky for Cameron! Too bad Micah didn't come!
69 kids tried out, a much lower number than I've ever seen at these try-outs. In the end, every single one of them was given a part. I don't know if they really had that many parts or if they added some somehow (although they already have the costumes for all of them, so I guess they really had that many parts) but I don't remember there being that many kids accepted in to the plays in the past.
I was really nervous for Jamey because even though he was doing great the whole time, he kept being looked over whenever they were moving kids around and choosing who would receive parts. I have seen 6 of these auditions now so I've sort of figured out how they work. They have the kids that they want sit down and then they move them over to the end of the line. They pulled the boy right next to Jamey and put him over on the end where he would get one of the main parts, but they left Jamey. I was sad for Jamey, but he was happy. I was sure that he wasn't going to get to be in the play AGAIN but then at the end of auditions they announced that everybody would get to be in the play. Thank goodness! Jamey FINALLY gets to be in the play, and he's having so much fun so far!
Teancum was being very silly the whole time, so I didn't think he'd get to be in it. He was very cute and expressive, though, and maybe they liked that. Teancum is in the blue & red striped shirt. Here is a video of how he kept acting when it was his turn to say something:
Here is part of Cameron's tryouts. They had to show that they could dance, I guess. Cameron wanted to be an assistant director, but he still had to try out with everybody else. He is on the far left.
This is part of Jamey's tryouts. He always spoke very clearly and loudly and had a big smile. I don't know why they always overlook him. Jamey is the one in the turquoise "Marlins" shirt.
Here is some more of Cameron's tryouts:
Here's more of Jamey's tryouts:
Here are some funny Teancum movies:
I guess they wanted to be sure the kids could follow directions:
And here is Teancum being accepted into the play. She sure had a hard time pronouncing his name!
Here is Jamey being accepted into the play:
And here is Cameron getting to be an Assistant Director:
I really think that if Micah had gone, he would have gotten the lead or one of the main parts. He is OK about it, though, even though one of his basketball games got moved to next week anyway, so he would have only had to miss 1 basketball game. It probably bothers me more than it bothers him. There's always next fall! And he can keep working on his Theater Merit Badge too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comment:
I'm glad the boys got parts. That is too bad about Micah though. Hope it is a wonderful experience for them.
Post a Comment