Lizzie generally follows me around all day long. So when I carried the hamper down the stairs to start some laundry and then sat down to check my email, I became a little worried when she didn't suddenly appear in my office. I went upstairs to check on her and found her in the middle of the kitchen floor... fast asleep...
Monday, February 2, 2009
Sleepy-girl Time
I love the late church schedule so that I can sleep in, but we still haven't figured out the whole nap thing with the late schedule. Lizzie definitely needs a nap every day. I have her trained to take a good nap at James' office while I'm working, but I haven't figured out how to get her to take a nap during sacrament meeting. So yesterday she didn't get a nap at all. When we left for choir practice at 6 p.m. and arrived home at 7, she was sound asleep on the living room floor (photo of her sleeping on the floor from my "Happy Thoughts" post). I moved her to her bed and hoped that she would last the rest of the night, but she didn't. She woke up at 11 p.m. right when we were trying to go to sleep. And she is her mother's daughter. Once she had been asleep and woken up, there was no way she was going back to sleep. She had a snack. She had a drink. She climbed all over us in the bed. She played with some toys. She colored on some papers. Then she spent about an hour fussing, screaming, pulling on us, etc. James walked around with her for a while. I tried to appease her for awhile. Finally around 3 or 4 she did fall asleep and so did we. Needless to say, we are very tired today. And we are hoping that next week we can get her to take a nap before church.
Lizzie generally follows me around all day long. So when I carried the hamper down the stairs to start some laundry and then sat down to check my email, I became a little worried when she didn't suddenly appear in my office. I went upstairs to check on her and found her in the middle of the kitchen floor... fast asleep...

That is one tired girl!
Lizzie generally follows me around all day long. So when I carried the hamper down the stairs to start some laundry and then sat down to check my email, I became a little worried when she didn't suddenly appear in my office. I went upstairs to check on her and found her in the middle of the kitchen floor... fast asleep...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comment:
I'm starting to think I may be waking our little guy up at 6:30 or 7 a.m. so as to accomplish the 'before church' nap. But that's just so cruel to everyone! Like you say afternoon church should have some kind of advantage!
Post a Comment