Happy Thoughts from the Past Week:
- the Super Bowl (I didn't watch any of it, but I enjoyed how excited Micah was about it, and all of the kids sat and watched part of it)
- Super Bowl commercials
- my baby's hives going away
- dedicated scouts
- Grandma & Grandpa coming to visit
- Grandma's mini open house and getting to visit with the ladies
- lots of food in the food order - we weren't shorted any items this month.
- a new Lander foster family signing up
- lots of new foster families from throughout Wyoming signing up
- big turkey dinner after Fast Sunday
- the kids having a sleep-over in Cameron's room
- special date with Jamey
- Daddy & the rest of the kids went for a hike "in Moab" (Squaw Creek)
- I'm going to the real Moab with Natalie next month (yippee!!!)
- laughing so hard while watching "the Office" that Cameron heard it from his room and came out to see what was the matter
- Lizzie gained a pound, but she's still below the zero percentile on the chart. She is following the curve, she's just below it. My petite little girl.
- we're braces-less! (more about that later in the week).
- Because of the braces, we came within $100 of qualifying for a medical deduction on our taxes. Bummer. Maybe next year. September Micah goes in to possibly get braces. Hmm... braces and Disneyland... braces and Disneyland... good thing James has been going in to work at night, eh?
- my dad has almost finished Whiting Law's taxes, which means I have almost finished our personal taxes, which means our refund will be coming soon, which is a very good thing because we have medical bills and dental bills coming this month that would have otherwise caused a lot of stress. braces and Disneyland... and a new computer so I can do movies for people again and bring in the big bucks again without it taking 10 x's as long as it should (don't worry, I don't charge people for the hours I spend trying to fix my computer, which makes it even more frustrating when I'm watching the minutes and hours tick by while my computer has a nervous breakdown). Augghhh!! braces and Disneyland... did I mention that yet? It is good that tax returns are timed to coincide with people not having met their medical insurance deductible yet. Medical insurance is a good thing, especially after you have met your deductible. Has anyone seen my prescription sun glasses lately? I haven't. I haven't seen them for at least a month. I think Lizzie threw them in the garbage. She throws lots of things in the garbage. Yesterday she threw almost all of her legos in my office garbage. Don't worry, I got them back out. This has been a very long-winded and rambling and somewhat disorganized happy thought.
- Star Wars (how many times did Jamey watch that this weekend?)
- a little girl in T's class told me that I looked pretty this week when I went to volunteer in his classroom. Nice to hear something positive instead of the usually honest things that kids say...
- Micah made a basket at his last game! They lost by one basket, though, so he was pretty sad about the 2 baskets that he missed. He's a good kid.
Classic Quotes from the Past Week:
- Teancum: "I know why they say not to run through the kitchen... cause you'll get a fork stuck through your nose."
- Cameron: "yeah, they say no running with knives, but they never say anything about jogging with knives."
- Teancum: While watching the Superbowl, a commercial for the new "Fast & Furious" movie came on. Teancum said, "Oh, lookit! It's the guy on the Pacifier. I bet that's an even better Pacifier movie." James explained to T that this movie wasn't a new Pacifier movie and definitely wasn't good. Teancum was disappointed.









1 comment:
Well, now I'm so curious about the braces. Cameron's teeth look lovely and straight, but I'm guessing the braces are not supposed to be off yet. So, what happened?
You look very pretty in the top picture. And Rebecca looks very pretty, too. That girl is growing up!
So when will the Whiting cousins be back in Utah?
Hey, and if "disneyland and braces" is stressing you out, don't feel pressured to do both! We can figure something else out.
Britt
Post a Comment