Saturday, February 21, 2009

Beauty & The Beast

Cameron and Micah are working on their Theater Merit Badge. One of the things they need to do is go to 3 plays. They went to their first one last Saturday. The Woods Cross High School's production of "Beauty & the Beast." Grandma came with us too. I thought the acting and singing was great, and overall the entire production was very professional. They did have quite a few technical difficulties, though. They didn't even let us in to the theater until 2:15 and it was supposed to start at 2 o'clock. They kept having problems with the sound and then the backdrops were being lowered too low or dropped altogether or the wrong one being lowered, etc. I felt really bad for them because if things had all worked like they were supposed to, it would have been nothing short of excellent. We were there for 2 1/2 hours and had to push back our dinner at the Olive Garden (and Chris & Brittany ended up waiting for us there because we were still really late). They had to call an unexpected intermission to deal with some problems, but once they came back on stage things seemed to work a little better. Natalie & Amy went to see it also and said there were also some technical difficulties when they went to it. Overall, though, I was still very impressed with it. Cameron enjoyed it, and Micah has decided he's already a teenager so he's claiming that he didn't like it. I think he really did. :)