Tuesday, February 10, 2009

News of Latavia

My dear friend Julie from Laramie emailed me a couple days ago to give me an update on Latavia. Julie's son is in Latavia's class at school so Julie's been keeping an eye on her for me. She said that she told her she knew her as a baby and Latavia asked, "Are you my mom?" Julie told her that she wasn't, but she knew the mom she had when she was a baby and told her my name. She said Latavia got excited and told her teacher, "she knows my mom the Whitings!" Then Julie was leaving, Latavia ran up to her and asked "do you see the Whitings often?" Julie told her no, but that she could send an email to us. She asked her to and said, "will you tell her hi from me and tell her that I'm already 7!"

I'm so glad she remembers us. I think about her all the time. This year her Christmas card got returned so I worried that she moved away. Julie is working on getting an address for me.

2 comments:

The Gardner Family said...

Wow! What an incredible story! 7 already. I remember those big blue eyes. Your family was so wonderful to her. You and James were the best to her of course!, but I also remember your boys with her. She will forever remember all of you!

Julie said...

Neat! Was she adopted by another family then? How sweet that she remembers you. I look forward to having some of the same experiences.