Saturday, February 7, 2009

Proud of my Scouts

Last week was a very busy scouting week. I prayed that the awards would arrive in time, and they did -- the afternoon of the Court of Honor. So I was madly trying to organize and label them and in the meantime forgot to pick up Rebecca from preschool! Auuughhh!!!

The Court of Honor was nice. Micah's showed his movie and I think everybody liked it. Micah received his Star rank and his Citizenship in the World merit badge. Now he just has 2 merit badges to go for his Eagle! Cameron received his Life rank and his camping & Citizenship in the World merit badges. He only has 1 merit badge to go. He is the only Life rank in our troop right now. He was asked to explain his Eagle project, which he has already started working on (he became a Life on Sep 21st and we just haven't had a Court of Honor until now). He is building a new shed for the youth soccer association to store their equipment in. He's been working on getting materials donated. Brother Gould is going to supervise him (he's a contractor). It should be lots of service hours for the other boys scouts, so that will be a good thing. Cameron's pretty excited about it.

Then Thursday night was Pack Meeting. We thought Bishop Fagnant wouldn't make it back in time so Brother Kimber asked me to hand out the awards. Bishop Fagnant did end up showing up right before it started, but we still went ahead with things as planned. I was pretty nervous, but it turned out all right. Each of my boys received at least one award. Actually, most of the boys there received at least one award and some of them earned multiple awards so that is always good. I'm in charge of the dinner for the Blue & Gold banquet next month so I've been doing lots of planning for that too. Scouts is good. Have I mentioned that before? I predict that scouts will be what saves the twins during their pre-teen/teen years (or at least I hope it will!).



Ian, Ethan, and Jamey with their scout leaders: Brother Kimber & Bishop Fagnant









No comments: