How many people are lucky enough to have their cousin as one of their best friends for all of their life? Jodi and I have been two peas in a pod since infancy. Now it is her fabulous birthday and I hope she has a big party and lots of fun! We have all sort of injos (inside jokes) from over the years and sooooo many memories -- she taught me to drive in her big family van around the circle where the Bountiful Temple was being built; buying curly fries for each other after we each had our first kiss; going to EFY together and checking out the guys; being totally boy crazy (well, mostly that was just me), driving past boys' houses, calling boys and pretending we were from Teen Magazine (Patsy's idea) :) (thank goodness that was before Caller ID!), passing notes during class, going on walks, hanging out at Arby's and Pace's, going on group dates, going to school dances and choir events, singing duets together, going on Choir Tour both in High School and at Rick's, going to All State Choir, having fun at each others' houses, making funny tapes like our KUTI radio station tape and laughing, laughing, laughing, eating pink cake & ritz crackers with cheese in the middle of the night, going with her family to Las Vegas & St. George, visiting her in Maryland and California, writing letters back and forth over the years, etc. etc. etc. Now we live far away from each other but can still email or chat over facebook or meet for lunch and just pick up right where we left off! HAPPY BIRTHDAY JODI! I wish I had some more recent photos of us. We need to take some the next time we get together.
This is where it all began... the pink box

I'm the bald one.

I'm still the bald one.

She was a mouse and was I a cat? a bear? I'm sure I was still bald under that hood.

Junior High

Our family took a trip to Maryland where I met all of Jodi's boyfriends. This is Bubba.

Where are we? Somewhere important, I'm sure.

High School. I think this was Seminary Graduation night.

Jodi's Wedding day at the Bountiful Temple

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JODI! GO TO THE OLIVE GARDEN! TALLYHO!
1 comment:
Well I know I'm late (I'm haven't checked blogs for a while) but I hope Jodi had a great birthday! That was a nice tribute to her!
Post a Comment