Monday, February 9, 2009

Happy Thoughts from the Past Week

Happy Thoughts from the Past Week:
  • bouncing basketballs
  • the Public Defender's Office "Christmas Party" in Atlantic City and NO phone calls from the kids the whole time. We had asked Sister Larsen to be "on call" since we would be so far away, and after 3 hours she called the house because she hadn't heard from the kids. They didn't answer, because they never do when we're not home. So she hurried over to the house. She told me that she was so impressed because they had things so well in hand. No emergencies. No problems. No fighting (that I know of). What a great break for us! After being gone for more than 4 hours, as we were driving home we were both holding our phones watching for them to suddenly have cell service and as soon as they did we were in shock that it said we had NO voice mails!
  • pre-school field trip at Tony's Restaurant -- very delicious!
  • a fun pink baby shower
  • Kristi bought me a 1 hour massage for Christmas and I had it this week. I was a bit nervous about it, I've never had one before, but it was very relaxing and I almost fell asleep.
  • Sunday dinner with friends (and very hyper kids)
  • Micah listening to his mp3 player while practicing the piano. We told him he couldn't do that and he said, "why not? does it sound bad?"
  • Rebecca writing "apples" on the shopping list all by herself
  • going on a romantic walk in "Moab" with James on our way to Atlantic City. We will take the kids there next time -- it is like Slick Rock. They will love it.
  • Kris asked me to be a guest speaker in YW today and talk about finding joy during the various stages of life. To prepare, I went through all of my old journals looking for experiences or quotes I might use. I was laughing so hard I had tears rolling down my cheeks. But one interesting thing I discovered was that I didn't pick out the name Rebecca for my first daughter when I was 12, as I had previously thought. I have an entry around the age of 10 where I mention the name Rebecca. I loved that name from a very early age. It was fun to find the journal entry from right after I met James. I should put that on here some time.
  • slobbery kisses
  • scouts, scouts, scouts... scouts
Classic Quotes from the Past Week:
  • Rebecca: "Are there cars in Heaven?" Mom: "I don't think so." "So people just have to walk everywhere in Heaven?" Mom: "Maybe they fly everywhere instead." Rebecca: "Without wings?" Mom: "I don't know." Rebecca thinks for a while, "well, maybe so because Peter Pan flies and he doesn't have wings."
  • Rebecca: I told Rebecca I didn't think Daddy would want noodles for lunch like we were having. She said, "well, Daddy gets what he gets and he can't throw a fit. So he has to eat noodles!"
  • Rebecca: "Mom, if you and Dad die can I live with Kaykay?"
  • Teancum: "In Lizzie's heaven we're all made of ice cream and we can eat ourselves and then we grow back!"














1 comment:

Julie said...

Love it! My kids are told the same thing. You get what you get and you don't throw a fit! I love that one! Sweet pictures