Sunday, August 31, 2008
Mommy's Sick
At 4 a.m. Rebecca was running through the house screaming for Mommy. I went and found her and she said, "where were you? why weren't you in your office?" I explained that it was the middle of the night -- I was in bed! So, as has become the routine too often lately, she came in and laid on the floor next to my side of the bed. About 5 minutes later she went and laid on the floor next to James' side of the bed. 5 minutes after that she said she wanted to sleep in our bed and I told her no. She said she wanted to sleep with someone, so I suggested she climb into Teancum's top bunk in her own room. 5 minutes after that Teancum was crying, saying Rebecca wouldn't leave him alone. She wasn't supposed to wake him up! She cried, saying she needed Teancum to hold her hand because she was afraid of the sea monsters. I told her to come back in our room. She was wimpering and her daddy felt sorry for her, so the next thing I knew, she was next to me in bed and James was on the floor. I held her hand and she laid right next to me so at one point I laid sideways across the bottom of the bed. It was about this time that I realized I felt like I was going to throw up. I ate several tums and prayed that the upset stomach would go away. I don't have a picture to include with this post, but if I'd felt better I would have grabbed the camera at 6 a.m. after 2 hours of tossing and turning with an upset stomach, and Rebecca ended up laying sideways in the bed and then finally when I peeled my eyes open at 8 a.m. I saw that her head and torso were on the bed, but her legs were completely down over the side (can you sleep like that?). I still felt sick this morning, but went to church because I had things I needed to do in primary, and Colt had asked me to say the closing prayer in sacrament meeting so I felt obligated to go. A couple times during sacrament meeting I thought I was going to have to run out to throw up, but I still haven't thrown up and I made it through church all right. I came home and took a long nap on the couch and then another shorter nap during family scripture reading (sorry, guys!). By about 6 tonight I felt good enough to eat some soup and crackers and now I'm sucking on a popcycle. It's no fun being sick! I don't know where it came from and I hope nobody else gets whatever it is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comment:
Being sick to your stomach is the worst. I hope you're feeling better now.
Post a Comment