Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Happy Thoughts from the Past Week


Happy Thoughts from the Past Week:
  • cousins, cousins, and more cousins!
  • little boys fishing with Uncle Matt and Grandpa
  • lots and lots of good food
  • dirty, filthy, black hands and feet
  • Baby in the canoe
  • red aprons
  • matching outfits from Aunt Laura
  • black marshmallows
  • nobody got the flu this time! Yippee!!!
  • bikes from the dump
  • having two "Annie" books
  • Lizzie eating fish and wanting more and more and more
  • walks through the forest
  • Annie won the Whiting Family's "Biggest Loser" contest in a very huge way
  • I love summer -- there's still more of it left!
Classic Quotes from the Past Week:
  • This was last Monday night at the Family Home Evening group we've been going to. Rebecca looked across the table at Brother Pitt and said, "Mom! What happened to his hair?" I explained that sometimes when guys get older their hair falls out. She looked over at James and in a horrified voice said, "Is Daddy's hair going to fall out?!?" Then she asked if it hurts boys when their hair falls out. I'm not sure how much of this Brother Pitt heard.
  • Rebecca: We were writing letters to Uncle Casey and she was drawing a picture of herself and Casey. I guess she was still thinking about hair because she said, looking at the bald head she'd just drawn of Casey,"How many hair does he have?"
  • Micah: As you know, Cameron is the only deacon in our ward. In a couple months Micah will turn 12 and there will be 2 deacons. Naturally, Cameron is the deacon's quorum president. Micah asked me if when he becomes a deacon, the bishop might decide to make him the deacon's quorum president instead because maybe he would do a better job than Cameron. I said, "I doubt that is going to happen because I think you are a bit too prideful." Micah said, "I know I'm prideful, but at least I'm honest!"
  • Ethan: James is not a fisherman so we asked Grandpa and Uncle Matt (James' cousin Sharon's husband) to help the twins & Jamey earn their fishing belt loop. Matt spent quite a bit of time fishing with the boys and they caught quite a few fish (and ate them too -- gross!). The night we returned home from the reunion, in Ethan's prayers he said, "please bless that Uncle Matt will remember me and that he'll come to the next reunion." They've already received an email from Uncle Matt talking about the items they completed towards their fishing pin. Pretty cool!
I'll write more about the reunion soon!

Addie, Annie, and Hanah



Matching Outfits from Aunt Laura for Rebecca, Lizzie, and Josie


Teancum caught a fish with Uncle Matt!

3 comments:

stephschmidt said...

Cute pictures - looks like you guys had a fun time!

Julie said...

Oh it looks like fun!

Julie said...

I left a memory for you. :) Thanks for sharing.