Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Wow! I must be OLD!

I can't believe I have a child entering the JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL! Today we went to register for junior high, get his pictures taken, and find his locker and classes. I remember when I was in junior high -- it's hard to believe I have a child that old. He is very, very, very excited. We signed him up for science club and math club. I'm sure he'll meet some friends there that he has a lot in common with.


locker #243

Rebecca came with us to the junior high because we'd just taken her to the court house to have her walk through the metal detector to see if she was still carrying a nickel inside of her. The results were inconclusive -- sometimes it went off and sometimes it didn't. I guess we'll be calling the doctor tomorrow to see what he wants to do!

A funny note... While we were there we ran into Kennedy, whose locker is just down the hall from Cameron's, and she was decorating her locker with pink paper, magnets, a mirror, binder holders and etc. I laughed and asked Cameron if he planned to line his locker door with pink & purple flowers too. :) That got him thinking about scientific possibilities, though. I wonder what he'll end up with to decorate his locker.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

You're not old but I can't believe he's going to junior high already! Seems like yesterday I was babysitting him and Micah when they were still in diapers!

brittanyc said...

How fun for Cameron! I think it will be great for him to make friends in the science and math clubs. I'm so excited for Caleb to enter Jr High next year. I'd forgotten all about decorating lockers :)
Britt