Friday, August 29, 2008

Where is Adventure & Oreo Whiting?

This afternoon just before school got out, I could distinctly hear chewing from under my desk in my office. I am positive that one or both of the mice were chewing on my electrical cords, but I couldn't see them and my desk is much too big and bulky for me to pull out. We have heated water pipes that run all around our basement to heat it so the mice can easily get to any room in the basement by following the pipes. When Jamey got home from school I could still hear the chewing and he could hear it too, so he scurried to get the empty acquarium and set up his "mouse trap" with cheese and a ladder to climb in (and hopefully they can't climb back out!), but now I don't hear the chewing any more so I'm sure they're not still there. I bet they went under the stairs where we store our wheat... in paper bags... that they can easily chew through...

2 comments:

stephschmidt said...

Wow - so much has been going at your house lately! What's new, right? :) Happy birthday to everyone that I missed, and I cannot believe how much Casey looks like your dad! I thought your Flashback Friday picture was of Casey! Congrats on your new pet mouse :)

Wendy said...

Jen and Mike had hamsters when they were young and those used to get lost in the house all the time. Once I woke up in the middle of the night to a scratching noise in my ear and when I turned on the lamp one of the hamsters was sitting on my pillow! Later we found books in my closet that had been chewed through and the baseboards were even chewed. I hope you can find them before they ruin anything.