Saturday, August 30, 2008

Sir Jamey's Quest for a Fabulous Birthday Party

Jamey's birthday party was today. 7 kids came, which I thought was great for a holiday weekend. 5 of them were from his primary class at church. He was a knight on a quest for buried treasure. His invitations were either rolled up and tied, or folded and sealed with a sticker seal. Today while James and the kids were boating, I made a lengthy treasure hunt and hid the treasure downstairs inside the hutch. The kids had fun doing the treasure hunt.

They made individual pizzas (a party favorite in our family) and this time I didn't over-schedule the party so they had time to play. My kids are so used to all the exciting things we have at our house like the back-yard fort, the tramp in the ground, and of course the play room, that I forget how exciting those things are to visiting kids. They don't want to eat cake and ice cream or play party games -- they want to jump on the tramp, have crab-apple wars in the fort, and they would have liked to play in the play room but we forgot to open the book shelf so no one even knew it was there! I think everybody had fun. Jamey was very happy.



1 comment:

stephschmidt said...

What a fun party! Looks like Jamey had a great time!