Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Heading Back To School...

Well, tomorrow is the big day... As I do every year, we went in the day before school started to get photos of the kids with their teachers. This probably drives the teachers crazy when they're trying to get ready for school, but there's just no way I could do it on the first day with all the other students there and trying to get to five different classrooms. So until they tell me to stop, I will keep coming in the day before school starts!


Ian and Mrs. Parker
4th Grade
(she's supposed to be really, super nice. I had never met her before today but she knew who I was because she said she's seen me running all summer)


Jamey and Mrs. Foxley
3rd Grade
(Ethan had her last year)


Micah and Mrs./Miss Bush
6th Grade
(she's from New York and brand new this year)


Teancum and Mrs. Faerber
1st Grade
(she's in our ward and she was also Jamey and Ian's 1st grade teacher)


Micah needed to stop and point out the 4 times that his name is on these plaques
for being the top AR reader in his grade. Then he pointed to the 6th grade plaque and
predicted that his name will be on that one too. We shall see.

Ethan's teacher is Mr. Sebade and he was attending his aunt's funeral today and is on his way back to town right now. Apparently he's still planning to be in school tomorrow morning. I will try and get a photo of Ethan with him tomorrow, probably after school. I should also try to get a photo of Cameron with his home-room teacher, Gayle Black (Sorenson/Russler), who is our neighbor and is a home-ec teacher so she brings us yummy home-ec left-overs.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Wow, I can't believe that school is starting already...in some ways it feels like summer is just beginning still!