Happy Thoughts from the Past Week:
- Elly Belly has finally switched to walking more than crawling
- A fun and much-needed girls' get-away
- The rest of the family took advantage of the "Boat Grinch" being gone
- little girls at the park
- friends at the park
- a 12 year old ninja
- overhearing Ian singing pioneer songs from his bedroom
- seeing where the 2002 Olympics were held
- Baby Goo splashing in the pool
- Brittany sitting on the cow
- All of us sitting on the cow couch
- diligent boy scouts
- finding enough soccer coaches for all the teams -- in fact, I found too many coaches and now some of our teams are too small. :(
- Lizzie the budding pianist
- delicious food in Park City
- Cameron organizing his locker (he would have stayed there all day if I'd let him - we were there twice today as it is)
- late night walks with James
- what a terrific summer we have had -- we go back to school on Wednesday. :(
Classic Quotes from the Past Week:
- This quote was actually from clear back on July 4th but I keep forgetting to record it. Ian was watching all the old cars drive past in the parade and several times he made the comment, "I bet the ladies would love a man in that kind of ride." :)
- On our trip to the Whiting reunion, we watched "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers." After they kidnap the girls to take back to the mountains, Cameron said, "That wouldn't work these days because now girls have tazers in their purses." Micah replied, "yeah, we'd have to take their purses too."
- I made a family reunion movie for Kristi this week. Ian and Rebecca were watching it with me after it was finished. Ian said, talking about Kristi's grandma, whom we have never met,"I think I've seen her in Utah before!" Rebecca said, "yeah, we should go to Utah and see her."
- Teancum: The boys watched "Mulan" this week. One of the songs they sing is "A Girl Worth Fighting For." Teancum had been walking around the house singing the song, except he was singing, "A girl worth farting for." I reprimanded him for singing that and realized that he really thought that's how the song went. :)
- Teancum: "I'm always a genius."
- Teancum: "You have your brain charger. Stick it in your hair and it will charge your brain."
- Teancum: Last night I was waiting impatiently for Teancum to say his prayers. He was putting his pajamas on. I told him to just go ahead and say his prayers, but he said, "No! I can't say naked prayers." He then explained to me that if he said his prayers when he wasn't fully dressed that everyone in Heaven would know what he looked like naked, because saying prayers was just like going to Heaven and seeing all the people there.
My friends Nickole, Wendy, me, Kris, KimberLee, and Saba (from Iraq - she is going back there next week)









4 comments:
I sure wish I had a brain charger :) Cute pictures, especially the first one of James and Lizzie... so sweet
That picture at the top of this, with James and Lizzie walking away from your house is one of the cutest pictures I've seen. Hey, will you email me all the pictures from our girls night? I want to get those printed off. Thank you!
Britt
I love the pictures of James and little Lizzie. So precious.
I always love reading your happy thoughts and seeing the pictures.
Post a Comment