Thursday, August 28, 2008

Happy 9th Birthday, Jamey!!!



Happy Birthday to my sweet little JJ! My little Rainbow Baby has brought me nothing but joy every day of his life. Now that he's nine and graduated from his car booster seat, for the first time in our parenthood, James and I now have more children out of car seats than in them. And now he's a Bear Scout instead of a Wolf, so I only have one boy left to be a Wolf scout -- I am getting old!

Jamey is so kind and thoughtful of others. This morning he seemed genuinely surprised when he saw that I'd made cupcakes for him to take to school to share with his class. He's always so grateful for everything we do for him and he's sensitive of others' feelings. He used his birthday money to buy two mice. He put them in a cage we bought at DI, and before he'd gone to bed that night one of them had escaped (the bars were too far apart). During the night the other one escaped. We haven't found them yet. I'm not sure if we'll find them or if the cats will first...

Here is sweet little James Junior with his mouse "Adventure," who is surely having an adventure right now... somewhere in our house...

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Happy Birthday, Jamey! I hope your day was wonderful!