Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Life is Never Dull!

Rebecca is now 5 cents richer...literally. Teancum used his allowance to buy some candy at Safeway. He gave Rebecca a "ten cents money." After lunch Rebecca came pulling on my shirt saying, "I swallowed my round money! I swallowed my round money!" She had put it in her mouth and swallowed it. At first I thought it was stuck in her throat because she said she could feel it and she pointed at her throat telling me where it was. But then she was acting normal and playing, telling me, "don't worry. When I'm a mom like you and they cut me open to get my babies out then they will get the round money out too." Lovely.

I called the doctor's office just to be sure I had no need to worry. Dr. Phipps said I ought to come in and have her stomach x-rayed, just to be safe. So we did. It appears from the x-ray that she swallowed a nickel, not a dime, and it is sitting right at the transition between her stomach & her intestines. They said I get the fun job of watching her poop for a week to be sure it comes out. Dr. Phipps is pretty sure it will, but if it doesn't she'll have to have surgery to have it removed.

The x-ray technician joked with me that she'd eventually end up x-raying our whole family. So far she's x-rayed me, James, Cameron, Ian, Ethan, and now Rebecca. I hope she doesn't x-ray the whole family! Life is never dull at the Whiting house.

4 comments:

Valeri said...

That's hilarious... well, not completely. It's just crazy what kids do. Hopefully the poop fishing pays off and you find that nickel! No matter how you end up getting it out, you'll for sure have to throw it in her keepsake box. Haha.

stephschmidt said...

That is so funny! I love Rebecca's solution to the problem! I hope it comes out the easy (well, easier than surgery) way :)

Julie said...

I have had that happen too! It is not fun worrying about when it is going to come out. I love Rebecca's solution too! Funny, she would think that. Hope all is well, soon. I think it is cool the x-ray tech knows you well enough to joke with you about x-raying the whole family. I would love that small town feel.

Melissa said...

That is kind of funny actually - especially when you read it under the "look at me I'm a prima donna" picture! Hope she poops it out and doesn't have to see the doc again!