Friday, August 15, 2008

Flashback Friday

Flashback to 1994 and my summer BYU days with my roommates Collette & Ingelil (in back), Alicia (on the middle step) and Melissa and I (in front). Carissa must have been at work at the MTC that night. We had a great time that summer, the summer I met and dated James. One of my biggest regrets in life happened that summer when I was looking for an apartment for the fall semester and my VT partner and RS president Camme Lefgren told me about her friend who was going to BYU Jerusalem for the fall semester and was offering half of her contract. I felt prompted to take it, but since James and I weren't engaged yet I didn't dare only choose a contract for half a year. I didn't realize it would be very easy to buy someone else out of their contract halfway through the year (lots of BYU coeds getting married, you know). As a result of not following that prompting and taking Camme up on the offer, I ended up with the most horrible roommates EVER Fall Semester and had an absolutely TERRIBLE time. I still have post-traumatic-stress-disorder from that fall semester! Thank goodness for my summer roommates who helped me have a great time for at least part of my single BYU-life. Ingelil was from South Africa. Collette always talked about her Aunt Mary (I don't remember if we ever met Aunt Mary!). Alicia was only 17 so she was super smart, but very boy crazy. Carissa was a return-missionary and was my room-roommate. She worked at the MTC. Melissa has identical twins who are Micah's age, and 2 other kids now too. Melissa is one of "My Crazy Friends" and we've kept in touch all these years, but unfortunately we haven't kept in touch with the others. We'll have to search for them and find them someday!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Wow - how fun to come to your blog and see a picture of us on my parents' front step! I love it! We sure had some great times rooming together and I agree - we'll have to search out our long lost roommates! Oh the memories!