Yesterday we ran our last timed mile. I came in at 7 minutes 9 seconds. Micah did his in 6 minutes 40 seconds. Both of us were a little disappointed with our final time because 2 weeks ago I ran mine in 7 minutes even, and a month ago he ran his in 6 1/2 minutes. But we both cut at least 2 minutes off our initial time, so overall we were happy with our results. Micah usually ran his mile about a minute faster than I did. We haven't done the situps and etc. yet because last night was super busy, but those have improved as well over the 12 weeks.
I think the overall goal of the Boy Scouts in requiring the Personal Fitness merit badge is to help the boys learn good health habits. I worried that Micah would be embarrassed to be seen by his friends running with his mother. But one day when we were running after school, he asked me if we could continue running together even after the merit badge was completed -- that was a happy parenting moment for me! I love to run, and I love my little Mikey! I'm proud of him for working hard and being diligent about his scouting. He is a great athlete and above all, a great person!









5 comments:
Way to go Camille and Micah!! You make me proud!!
Love,
Grandma Call
Good for you! That is something to really be proud of!
Way to go Camille and Micah! That is quite and accomplishment! I keep trying to love running and I'm just not there yet. I think it is great that you are able to share that together.
Those are great pictures. That's awesome that Micah can run a mile faster than you. I should have Caleb run with me. I think he would love it. One-on-one time with mom is not always the easiest to come by in our family!
Britt
Wow, congratulations! What an awesome accomplishment! I love that Micah wants to keep running with you!
Post a Comment