Thursday, May 1, 2008

There's a Special Place in Heaven for Mothers of Little Boys

Things I've learned as a mother of little boys:






  • the cleanest place in the house is the flusher on the toilet

  • is that spot ketchup or blood? probably blood

  • boys love to decorate in yellow - especially on the floor around the toilet

  • there is a secret amusement park inside every boy's nose

  • if you don't want a jar of potato bugs in the fridge, you must specify that in writing and post it on the refrigerator

  • it doesn't matter what you say, they still aren't afraid of germs

  • if it's gross, they will do it. If it's gross AND slimey, they will do it twice

  • boys love and adore their moms more than anyone, and look up to and admire their dads more than anyone.


Classic Quotes from Today:




  • Rebecca: "Why are moms sometimes always so mean?" (when she didn't get her way)

  • Rebecca: "Mom, pretend I'm a good girl."

  • Cameron: "Dad, are you sort of like Superman? You have a secret identity?" (because we were avoiding someone he had prosecuted)
  • Micah: Today I received an email from Cameron's teacher telling me that Cameron had scored the highest math score on the MAP (standardized testing) test of any sixth grade student she had ever had. Cameron said it was the highest the school has ever had, but I don't know - she didn't say that. Anyway, I was telling the boys that they got their smart math gene from James, not from me. Then Micah said, "what did we get from you? Your good looks?" and then he laughed hysterically, as if it was such an ubsurd suggestion.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

u r so cute
james

Anonymous said...

LOL - those are hilarious! I especially loved this: if it's gross, they will do it. If it's gross AND slimey, they will do it twice :)

Wendy said...

Those were funny - looks like I have some fun stuff to look forward to! :)