Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Happy Thoughts from the Past Week

  • The best Mother's Day EVER!!! They tried to re-create the Olive Garden with salad and chicken fetticini alfredo - delicious! And I didn't have to lift a finger all day!!!
  • Soccer, soccer, and more soccer
  • seeing Micah ref soccer - he does such a good job and has a great time doing it.
  • little dancers -- their recital is this weekend!
  • Cameron had a great time at his once-in-a-lifetime class trip to Yellowstone. I missed him a lot and he admits that he missed me too, but I'm so glad he went and had a fun time.
  • Teancum's Mother's Day Tea
  • Beautiful spring weather with huge snowflakes falling on trees, heavy rain and even hail, and then hours later beautiful sunshine that melts it all away -- aside from cancelled soccer games, that is just perfect!
  • The kids' fun performance at our ward's Mother's Day party. It could have been a real disaster, but luckily they did great
  • Lizzie is getting faster and faster! We have the gate up on the stairs now. She isn't interested in baby toys anymore - she just likes to pull everything off shelves, out of cupboards, out of drawers, etc. etc. etc. James built me shelves so that I could fit all of my computer items up onto my desk because she was starting to play with my computer cords, etc. and I was afraid she'd get hurt!

Teancum had some great classic quotes this week but I didn't write them down quick enough and now I can't remember them! He always says the funniest things. And Rebecca is starting to come up with some real funny ones lately too. One time I overheard her in the bathroom talking to herself, saying "you have a nice mom." "No, you have a mean mom." "No, your mom is usually nice." "No, your mom is always mean." Was she talking about me? Or was she talking to her imaginary friend? Hmm...




















Rebecca & Teancum's theatrical performance.

Micah is a great soccer ref.

Jamey is a great soccer player!

4 comments:

Steph said...

WOW! Olive Garden for Mothers Day; no wonder if was your best Mothers Day ever :) Cute pictures!

The Laurence Family said...

I like your new blog look! What a great Mother's Day week you had! I love days when we get to feel pampered and spoiled. Your kids crack me up with the things they say and I loved the tribute to your mom and mother-in-law! You're amazing!

Love,
Melissa

Julie said...

What a great Mother's day. You lucky. I got cold eggs and toast in bed. It was special and I too didn't have to lift a finger. I love my kids. Darling pictures of you kids. Fun videos. You have very talented kids.

Anonymous said...

All through the week I hoped and prayed that Cameron would be able to stay in Yellowstone, and waited to hear. I'm so happy he did - and had a great week. I also love that you two missed each other :).

Your blog is wonderful!

Love you all!
Jill