Every night he likes me to hear his prayers, tuck him in, turn off his light, and shut his door (and he refuses to go to sleep until I do - I know, he's a mama's boy, but I love it). Tonight after he brushed his teeth he said, "all right, Mom, I'm ready to do what all lazy people do," and then he started making snoring sounds. :)
At the risk of sounding sacreligious, I'm going to share this other one from tonight, because he absolutely didn't mean it to be disrespectful, he thought he was paying me the highest compliment when he said, "Mom, you're so beautiful you probably look just like Heavenly Mother. In fact, if they were having competitions for Heavenly Mother, I'm sure you would win!"
Yesterday morning he was petting Harold and he said, "I've been petting him a lot and I think he's tired of being petted -- he's a petasaurus."
Tonight Cameron & Micah had a combined band concert (Advanced Band - 6th graders, Beginner's Band - 5th graders). Near the end, Mr. Wilson handed out a few awards and he gave Cameron the "perseverence award" because yesterday the band went on an all-day "Band World Tour" (to Dubois, Ethete, and Crowheart) and Cameron's wrists got very sore. According to Paul Smith, who is a physical therapist, growth plates that have been broken commonly hurt when the weather changes. So Cameron might have problems with his wrists for the rest of his life because of his broken growth plates last summer. Apparently Cameron was in so much pain that in Ethete they put ice packs on his wrists, but Cameron continued to play for the rest of the day. It was nice of Mr. Wilson to recognize Cameron for that. Then as we were leaving, the principal pulled me aside to tell me that Cameron's math score on the MAP test was "off the richter scale." I'm sure proud of that Cameron. What a fine young man he's turning out to be -- and only crazy because he's related to me. :)
I should have mentioned on today's earlier post that for those of you who will be getting cd's, I might send along a pair of ear plugs for you as well -- I have had my piano tuned twice this year but it is once again horendously out of tune. I think we might have to use the other piano for our fall cd. But at least the kids' voices sound good. :)









2 comments:
Oh, cute Cameron! He's such a thoughtful boy! I can't believe how old he's getting!
Way to go Cameron! That takes amazing dedication to play through pain and show what an amazing guy you are.
Camille - I'm quite positive my kids think my mothering is anything but Heavenly. What a wonderful compliment to you and your efforts with your lucky children.
Melissa
Post a Comment