Our elders quorum did a mother's day party tonight. A couple Sundays ago, James Brough asked if our kids could sing as part of the musical program. James said I wouldn't have to worry about a thing, he would take care of it - but I reminded him that I've been embarrassed on Mother's Day before (when I was the primary pianist - after the primary finished singing their mother's day song on the stand, Ethan & Ian got into an all-out punching match on the stand!) and I didn't intend on that happening again, so I told him I would help prepare the kids for the program. Luckily we already had songs ready for our cd, so we just had to come up with actions and costumes. The kids did very well, especially considering that they're used to performing privately in front of the computer when we are recording our cd's, and not in front of a live audience. Cameron & Micah were a bit shy for the first song and didn't really do the actions, and they got some of the words mixed up but I don't think anybody noticed. Rebecca was supposed to stand right by the microphone for "Tomorrow," but she was too shy.
Part of their costumes are simply torn-up clothes. Don't worry - I didn't tear up any brand new clothes - I used clothes that already had holes in them and I just "finished the job." James came into my office when I was cutting arms off shirts, cutting holes in pants, etc., and said, "I'm not even going to ask!"
I went to the church early for the dinner & program (there were other musical performers also) so James brought the kids later. When they arrived at the church James noticed that Teancum didn't have his costume on -- so he tore up the shirt Teancum had on and T was very upset. He told me, "that was my favorite shirt! Now one of you guys are going to have to quilt it back together!"
When I got home I was greeted by a wet Rebecca, who said, "Mom! I wented in the hot tub and this time I didn't even drown!" Hmmm... as opposed to last time?
Here are their performances:
Hard Knock Life, from "Annie"
"Do You Hear the People Sing?" from Les Miserables
"You're Never Fully Dressed Without a Smile" from Annie
and finally, "Tomorrow", also from Annie
Cameron gave me a hug and told me, "Happy Mother's Day! I love you!" and then he started singing "Every kiss begins with K" and quoting other jewelry comercials like, "oh! he went to Jared!" Does he watch too much TV or what?









No comments:
Post a Comment