...it's been a VERY busy week... the list is long... we were extra happy this week!
- open windows (I love Spring!)
- tutus, ballet shoes, and purple eye shadow
- a determined percussionist
- an improving clarinetist (band concert)
- a strumming guitar player (guitar recital)
- a 13th fun family cd
- two sparkly little teeth
- biking maniacs (cycling merit badge)
- pretty pink trees in the neighborhood (I LOVE SPRING!)
- breezy nights on the front porch (I LOVE SPRING!)
- a swimming pool full of dish soap bubbles (and kids)
- the smell of cut grass (Did I mention that I love Spring?)
- an 8 year old cub scout with a green thumb
- a fun lunch with friends
- getting my visiting teaching done
- scouts, scouts, and more scouts
- a 3 year old who likes to organize everything
- soccer, soccer, and more soccer (of course)
- turning the sprinklers on (I don't remember if I've mentioned how much I love Spring)
- my new disk printer
- my new running shoes
- slobbery kisses from a 10 month old
- Filling up a 1 1/2 hr. camcorder tape in one week
- Running into Julie, one of my very best friends from Laramie, at Walmart in Riverton (when we ran there to buy BEIGE tights!) -- what are the chances she would happen to be passing through Riverton at the same time I made my crazy run there on Friday night!!!
- an 8 year old who is great at soccer but doesn't let it go to his head (more about that later)
- scouts who are willing to do yard work for a lady whose husband and daughter are sick
- boys who love reading and who got to go to "Friday Night Live" at the school with their dad as a parent volunteer
- a husband who's willing to sleep overnight with a bunch of rowdy 5th and 6th graders on a hard gym floor
- a husband who's willing to sit through a very long, HOT dance recital for his little girl
- a husband who's willing to coach soccer, even though they still haven't won any games...
- no phone calls from the principal
- tutus that fit perfectly around little boys' heads
- being busy, busy, busy!
- Oh - and one last thing... I LOVE SPRING!!!
Classic Quotes from the Past Week:
- This morning: "Mom? What would you like me to wear today?" "Whatever you want, Rebecca." "How about something sparkly?" (2 minutes later she shows up in her dance costume)
- When we went to Walmart to buy Rebecca's BEIGE tights, we went past the theater and "Iron Man" is playing there. I asked the boys what they thought it might be about and Cameron very seriously said, "well, one thing's for sure. Iron Man is not the strongest guy, because there's probably Steel Man standing right next to him, and he'd be a lot stronger."
- Last night Rebecca asked for more rice and said, "I didn't grow any bigger so I need some more rice." Teancum said, "well, one time I didn't eat anything at all and I STILL grew bigger!"
- I missed this one, but James and Micah told me about it. Teancum was in the front yard and just out of the blue he decided to pray... "Heavenly Father, have you heard this joke? What do you get when you cross a rhinocerous with a mushroom?.... A Rhiroom.... with extra juice! Amen." I wonder if Heavenly Father has already heard that joke? :) I wonder how often T tells Heavenly Father jokes...
- Yesterday Teancum asked me and James "Where does a mustache come from?" We explained that hair starts to grow under there. Then I asked him if he wanted a mustache and he said that he does. :)











1 comment:
Wow, I don't look at blogs for a day or 2 and there's a whole bunch of new stuff going on in the Whiting home! Looks like you're loving Spring, just as we are! I'm so happy the warmer weather is here; if only it was here to stay.... I love Rebecca's dance pictures; she looks so old!
Post a Comment