Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A Poke in the Eye

A few nights ago, Teancum and Rebecca were playing and he accidentally poked her in the eye with a comb. She cried for a minute but they seemed fine. Teancum felt really bad about it. The next morning it looked like it was bleeding and as the day went on, it got worse. So after our preschool field trip to the airport (which I was in charge of, so I couldn't skip it) I took her to the eye doctor. He said that her eye was not damaged, but that it will probably continue to get more red before it gets better. It will not affect her vision.

When Teancum got home from school and saw her eye he started to cry. He felt sooooo bad! Thank goodness he loves his sister! I assured him that her eye would be fine soon. She has been very self-conscious about it, and even at the Hairspray play asked me if people could see her eye. I told her that it was too dark for them to see it and not to worry. It doesn't help that her brothers keep talking about how gross it looks and Micah said, "it makes my eyes hurt just looking at it!" It makes my eyes hurt too, but don't tell Rebecca that...

2 comments:

Cami Jo said...

Yikes! It makes my eyes hurt too.

Wendy said...

Poor Rebecca! I'm glad it won't affect her vision.