Sunday, April 26, 2009

My Moab Adventure, Part Two

I always wanted to go to Goblin Valley when we lived in Moab, but it was far enough out of the way that we never bothered to go. Since Natalie and I would be going right by it, I definitely wanted to stop and see it! And I'm sooooo glad we did -- it was awesome! It was even better than I imagined it would be. The goblins are just everywhere. At first Natalie and I tried to follow the hiking map they gave us as we came in to the park, but it led us no where. So we just followed all the other visitors down the hill so we could walk amidst the goblins. I looked for the frozen people (Rubin & Ed) but I didn't ever find them. I also looked for the old gas station when we were in Hanksville, but I didn't find that either. Maybe they just created those things for the movie.

If you have not been to Goblin Valley, the drive is well worth it. My boys would absolutely LOVE it so we need to make a trip out there some time. It would probably be about 3 hours from the Salt Lake area.

Natalie looking at Molly's Castle
Me & Natalie amidst the goblins
This is my goblin
This is Natalie's goblin
Goblins in every direction!
Never-ending Goblins
A tiny arch inside a goblin! I love arches!
Natalie eyes the many goblins
How do you think this place was created?


The goblin is taller than Natalie
Goblins kissing
Three frozen people

1 comment:

stephschmidt said...

Looks like so much fun! Makes me want to go :)