Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Happy Birthday April!

Happy, Happy Birthday to one of my best friends for life, April!
Having never had sisters, it was quite the transition to go to Rick's and suddenly have 3 female roommates. That first year at Rick's was fun, but a little rough as I learned to share a bedroom and give up my privacy. I still keep in touch with a couple of those roommates and they are great friends -- Jenny and Camille (yes, I had a roommate named Camille - fun, but confusing), and have lost touch with the one who used to keep a "poop log" hung on our bathroom wall. But my favorite person to hang out with that first year was a friend I'd met in my dorm, April! She and I became great friends and decided to room together our 2nd year at Rick's. My memories of her from our 1st year at Rick's includes a dinner date that we hosted at her apartment where she had to help me down the stairs afterwards because the wind was blowing like crazy and I was so SCARED of heights! There's a reason I lived on the ground level!
Also her delicious elephant cookies and all of her cute notes that are still in my Rick's scrapbook.
Our 2nd year at Rick's we were joined with roommates Mary and Amy and had THE BEST YEAR EVER!!! We had soooooo much fun being roommates! I will be with them this weekend! I can't wait!!! Thanks for putting up with me that year, Gals! HAPPY BIRTHDAY APRIL!

April & Jodi, my maids of honor
I didn't always look like that... that was before a choir concert... a Halloween one?

Little April
April on a Friday
April and her true love Tracy

We were definitely crazy


Me and Ape

April studying. She was a nursing student. She was always studying. But she wasn't always boring.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Fun pics. I loved April too!