Saturday, April 18, 2009

Idaho Temple Tour Part Three

When Eric & Chelle mentioned that the Twin Falls temple was right on the way between Boise and Idaho Falls, I knew that I must attend this temple too! I had never been to the Twin Falls temple either, so that would be three new temples I could cross off my list in one weekend! Amy quickly agreed that we would stop there on our way back to Idaho Falls.

We left Boise a little before 2 p.m. Considering all the thought we put into organizing this reunion, you would think that I would have thought to fill my car up with gas in Boise... but I didn't! I didn't even think about gas until my low fuel light turned on in the middle of nowhere. Amy assured me that we'd make it to a town to fill up, but I was still nervous. Finally we saw Hammett, Idaho coming in to view. We pulled off and drove through town until we found a little old-fashioned gas pump (by old-fashioned I mean they wouldn't let you pay at the pump!) and filled up my little zoom-zoom car before speeding away to get back on course.

The Twin Falls temple looks just like the Rexburg one, only smaller. We did initiatories. I am so glad Amy was willing to stop because now I have been to all the temples in Idaho! Soon we were back on the road and headed to Idaho Falls. I wasn't sure if I would drive home that night or spend the night at Eric & Chelle's house. I called James to get a weather update and he said that the roads and weather were clear. It was pretty cloudy in IF, but there was the most spectacular rainbow I have ever seen. It looked unreal -- as if someone had carefully painted it there in the sky. You could see each definite color so exactly. So beautiful!

After I said goodbye to Amy and filled up my car (there would be no Hammett, Idaho between IF and Lander!), I left IF for Lander just after 7:30 p.m. I had relatively good roads with only rain and fog every now and then. I saw lots and lots of deer, though, so I was pretty nervous that I was going to hit one, especially since I don't see well at night. But I made it home without incident at about 12:15 a.m. and the Easter Bunny got right to work filling & hiding Easter baskets. The Easter Bunny also slept in until nearly 10 a.m. (that's right -- TEN A.M.) on Easter morning, completely exhausted after a long and wonderful week with hardly any sleep but lots of happy memories!

Twin Falls Idaho Temple

Beautiful Rainbow -- this photo does NOT do it justice! It was breathtaking!

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Wow! What a great experience. Now you have to come do a Texas temple tour. :-) There are 4 in Texas and you could probably arrange to hit Oklahoma City, Baton Rouge, and Albuquerque too. Of course that would take more than one weekend.

We live only about 10 minutes from the Houston Temple, but with Steve in school again we don't go as often as we should.

Julie said...

How fun. I want to do that one day. So glad you made it home safely.