Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Happy Birthday Snugglebug!

My little Teancum can always melt my heart. James says that I definitely give him preferential treatment. Well, he is my littlest boy... And he is just so cute...

Teancum has brought me indescribable joy over the years. He's also sparked lots of interesting conversations because of his unique name. I'm sure you can imagine the reactions we've received over the years when we explain where his name came from. Once I mention the words "Book of Mormon," the subject is changed immediately. I went in to detail with our eye doctor one time, telling him about how Teancum used to sneak into the enemy's camp and kill their king. He looked rather shocked, wondering why we'd name our sweet little boy after such a violent person. Hmmm, I guess I didn't do such a great job explaining it because that certainly isn't how I consider Teancum. I think Teancum will one day be a mighty warrior just like his name-sake.

His middle name is Cory, after my little brother Cory who was still-born 25 years ago. Teancum truly has names to be proud of. And I sure am proud of him. He is excelling in school. He is kind to everyone, especially the ladies. He hates everything I cook, except for my bread. He is so incredibly sweet to his little sisters -- the best big brother any girl could ever ask for.

Oh, how I love this little boy!



















Happy 7th Birthday, Snugglebug!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Happy Birthday, Teancum!! You have some great pictures on here!