Tuesday, April 14, 2009

5th Annual Art Show & Talent Night

Each Spring Break I pull out the arts & crafts and the kids go to town getting ready for our annual Art Show & Talent Night. Luckily this year the Call cousins were in town so they were able to be part of the party. It made a huge, huge mess but it was loads of fun.































































































































Jamey spent a really long time on this project. Old-fashioned flash bulbs, marbles, old monopoly pieces, popcycle sticks, a jewelry box, lots of hot glue and lots of paint! It turned out fun.

We had a wide variety of talents at our Talent Night. Brittany shared quotes from her journal, I did finger aerobics, Jonah played the piano, Micah played soccer, Caleb played basketball, Eli and Belle did tumbling, Teancum showed us his lego ships he had built, Rebecca and Abram sang songs, Jamey demonstrated riding on his wave board, Cameron played the drums, Lizzie and Clara danced, Ethan told a joke, and Ian shot a sling shot.
For James' talent, he displayed "PD" and "UPD." PD means "play dead." Every time he says it, all the kids instantly drop to the floor. When he says UPD, or un-play-dead, they all wake up, and usually Teancum jumps up and sings, "I believe I'm alive!"

Our 5th annual Art Show & Talent Night was a great success!

1 comment:

Julie said...

You must have the funnest house the the whole state. Can I come join in the fun?