- sheep on the highway... lots and lots of sheep... this photo doesn't do it justice
- goblins
- arches
- switchbacks (yikes!)
- wide narrows
- sliding down & climbing out of canyons
- arch hunting! ooooohhhh, I LOVE IT!
- aching legs
- sunburn
- GPS
- squished Subway sandwiches
- Natalie's trail mix
- the letter Z
- we made it through the alphabet!
- sparkly shoes
- Arizona cousins
- Utah cousins
- Grandma & Grandpa willing to take care of 4 silly girls so their mom/parents could have great get-aways! (Curtis & Lindsay are in New York right now)
- Rebecca and I singing at the top of our lungs while driving in record time between home and Grandma's house, and back again
- being so sore when I got home I could barely walk once I climbed out of the car
- Rebecca got 100% on her kindergarten screening and no one even dared to suggest that I not let her go to kindergarten despite her late birthday
- Teancum missed me!
- James is Super Dad
- I came home to a clean house
- all my stuff made a big mess in the kitchen & living room
- the mess is still there
- I left my laptop in Utah! Uh-oh!!! That is actually a sad/stressed/mad-at-myself thought
- a soccer shed with a ROOF on it!
- boys soaking in mud, swimming in puddles, feeding pizza to dogs, and I wasn't there to see it
- mud all over the van
- soccer season is starting this coming week!!!
Classic Quotes from the Past Week:
- Rebecca: "I wishted that Curtis & Lindsay would let us bring Zoey and Skylar home!"
- Teancum: "You mean dog poop is a bad word?" Natalie told me this analogy that I'll use in a talk someday. You prepare some chocolate brownies to take to your seminary class/primary class, etc. and ask if anyone wants some. As you're serving them, you mention that you put a tiny bit of dog poop in the mix. "But you won't mind, because it's just a little bit of dog poop." You ask the kids if they still want to eat the brownies. Then you compare that to watching a movie or tv show that has "just a little bit of bad language" or other bad things. James told the boys that analogy and Teancum didn't quite grasp the meaning. Yeah, I guess dog poop could be considered a bad word...
- Teancum: "Mommy, your bread is like one hundred restaurants working to make bread... and you didn't even have to work that hard!"
- Teancum: "You should sell your bread. You should put it in a jar with a lock that has a secret code on it and then sell it!" I have to list these because my bread is probably the only thing I make that Teancum likes. Actually, it's probably the only thing I make that any of my family likes...
- Teancum: "It smelled like double triple poop!" James decided to wash 2 comforters, 2 sets of sheets, and 3 large coats in our small washer...all at once... and pretty soon the house was full of the smell of burning belt and a screeching sound. James was describing the smell to me and asked the boys how they would describe it, thus Teancum's comment.









2 comments:
I'll take some of your bread next time you're in town :)
I am so glad you guys got to see Zoey & Skylar. I am sure they had a blast!! I can't wait until they tell me all about when we get home!!
Lindsay
Post a Comment