Friday, April 10, 2009

Flashback Friday

Flash back with me to the best two years of my life... Just kidding, James. But oh, did I ever have fun at Rick's College! And right now as this is posted, I am on my way to a fun roommate reunion with my roommates Mary, April, and Amy! Here are some fun photos of that great year at Rick's College for this Flashback Friday:

Me and Amy

Those scary stairs! I can't believe I'm standing on them!


Crazy Girls

We sure loved each other!

Don't worry, just practicing!
For Christmas we each made gifts for each other instead of buying something. I made them matching nightgowns. I designed them in my Clothing Design class. I made a little one for Rebecca that I wish I still had -- a little baby night gown in the same material.

Me and Mary and her niece:
Mary and Amy
Me and Mary
with our neighbor Rebecca from next door
Christmas
Mary and Amy
Some favorite memories:
  • Amy starting her sweater on fire
  • Horatio the mouse
  • DORM 4 ROOM 114 rocks!!!
  • my beta fish
  • my Switzerland mission fund
  • singing for other apartments (Julie and Robyn, remember that? :) You guys thought (knew) we were crazy!)
  • I'm Just a Girl Who Can't Say No
  • "Date the States" puzzle on the wall with initials in each state that we dated
  • doggie date
  • buddy date
  • Amy melting plastic dishes on the burners
  • Family Home Evening group
  • donuts from the ceiling
  • burnt pizza (that was me, not Amy)
  • Amy's mom's cooking
  • ward choir practice (I was the choir director and they were my loyal attendees)
  • being totally boy crazy
  • road trips
  • snow, snow, snow, snow, SNOW, SNOW, SNOW, SNOW, SNOW
  • tiny red rocks all over the apartment
  • Teton Dam
  • Application for a Date with Amy or Mary
  • "Mary's Dating Service, please hold..."
  • Baruba, Mammal, Lizzard, and Ape
  • Turia hiding under our bed
  • pranks on the neighbors
  • glow in the dark paint
  • paying to have the glow in the dark paint removed
  • the room still glows... we know... we went back the next year and checked. :)

2 comments:

Julie said...

Memories, Memories, Memories! I sure loved you guys. Of course I remember the singing and other fabulous memories from you and your great roommates. Loved those years too. I just can't believe how fast the time has gone. It feels like it was yesterday. Hope you had fun.

stephschmidt said...

What a fun time! I love to think back on my time at Snow; truly one of the best times of my life!