Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Moving Day Times Two

Yesterday was moving day times two -- James moved into his new office in the Public Defender's Office and also his new office where he will do his private work. It was a very busy day.

Here is his office at the Public Defender's:




This is the Gargoyle he was given because he was the very newest public defender at the state-wide training he was at last week. He is supposed to keep it until next year's training. He put it back in the file room. I thought he ought to keep it on his desk in his office. :)


This is James' private office. It is above Bank of the West and there are several other offices up there. Jared Kail is right across the hall from James and is sharing his internet connection with him (which is VERY nice of him!). James' parents gave us lots of furniture to furnish the office, and the public defender who quit so James could have his job gave us a secretary's desk and some black file cabinets.
The ceilings are very high and it has a very old-fashioned feel to it. The big bummer about it is that we're not allowed to make any holes in the walls (they're plaster walls and the owners say that when you pound nails into them huge chunks of the walls fall down). So everything has to be hung with wire from the molding up above, which I think looks pretty hokey. Oh well. We'll have to find a way to make it work.

I like the built-in shelves on the wall and James loves the big windows, which look down over Main Street. He has two rooms -- a reception and waiting area and then his office behind. It is just the right set-up for him.
Lizzie helped us move things in. Well, mostly she and I just stood and looked pretty while Daddy did all the heavy lifting.


This is the secretary's desk. Right now I am the secretary. We're not quite sure how that is going to work. We were going to get me a desktop but the more we think about it, it makes more sense to get me a laptop so I can work on things both there and at home. I will do the books and whatever else James needs me to do. When I'm at the office I'll need to bring Lizzie & sometimes Rebecca, so I might not be there very often during business hours!
See how high the ceilings are?

This office is definitely an answer to prayers, and although it isn't perfect, it is in a great location and has plenty of space and it will definitely work for what James wants to do! It is a very exciting (and scary) time right now!

4 comments:

The Gardner Family said...

That is exciting! Congrats! Looks like you had a ton of great helpers!

stephschmidt said...

Wow, that is all so exciting! I think the office looks really nice!

Wendy said...

That is great! Both offices look nice!

Julie said...

I am so excited for you!! Both places look great. I think it is amazing you can find the time to be his secretary on top of all you do.