Monday, October 27, 2008

Happy Thoughts from the Past Week


Happy Thoughts from the Past Week:

  • the noise of a 7th grade band concert
  • little girls who have learned to play with each other
  • guess who likes whole milk all of the sudden?
  • matching bows in matching blond hair
  • seeing Cameron's Social Studies class walking from the Junior High to the High School during my run one morning
  • cub scouts earning awards and having fun
  • Teancum's "All About Me" week at school
  • Micah is running for president. He's a Republican. His campaign manager is a little girl in his class. He admitted to having a crush on this girl a couple years ago before I broke the news to him that I will not allow him to date non-LDS girls when he turns 16.
  • a daddy's girl
  • a 3rd grade zoo
  • a pick-up soccer game
  • lunch with a friend (I LOVE going to lunch)
  • getting my VTing done
  • the primary program is starting to come together. The songs, anyway...
  • James' office & new business is starting to fall into place.
  • an organized pantry & magic husband
  • an all-day training in Riverton for the Citizen Review Panel (thank goodness for Kris and James taking care of kiddos while I was gone)
  • the beginning of an Eagle project
  • somehow fitting a soccer board meeting, elementary school literacy night, 7th grade band concert, and appointment to record a cd all into one night and not fainting from exhaustion (we forgot about cub scouts, though... oops!)
  • laughing hysterically with Kristi very late at night (more bloopers recorded than actual songs!)
  • James hardly knew what to do with himself Wednesday night when he wasn't supposed to go to Young Men's for the first time in over 5 years.
  • James subbing in primary
  • Lander won the Lander/Riverton football game. Exciting game -- even for someone who doesn't enjoy football... or sports... at all...
  • Sunny hanging from the tables at pack meeting (not with her teeth, though. She held on with her hands and then lifted her feet up and was swinging from the edge of the table.)
  • splendid weather -- how long can we keep fall here before we plunge into the depths of despair during another cold winter?!? (just trying to be dramatic, of course)
Classic Quotes from the Past Week:
  • Rebecca: On the way into swimming lessons one day we walked right past a Sysco delivery truck. I guess Rebecca had never seen one up close before because she gasped and said, "Wo! That truck is even bigger than people!"
  • Rebecca: whining, she asked, "Do we have to be nice to everyone???"
  • Rebecca: Yesterday I was dishing up ice cream for people. Micah asked for some. One of our bowls had come through the dishwasher with little success. I held up the dirty bowl and a pink bowl and asked which he'd rather have his ice cream in. He laughed and said he'd take the pink bowl. Rebecca complained, "Why does Micah get to choose?" She didn't understand the joke. Plus, she always wants the pink bowl.
  • Rebecca: Yesterday the Sandalls brought us some very delicious sugar cookies. One of the boys asked what we were eating and I said, "they're pure Heaven, that's what they are." Rebecca responded very matter-of-factly, "um, actually they're cookies."
  • Kaykay: This morning on the way to dance I was playing the "raise your hand" game. Lots of little girls in the van requires some creativity. So I ask questions like, "raise your hand if you have brown hair," "raise your hand if you think I'm beautiful," etc. Usually everybody leaves their hand up the entire time. I asked, "raise your hand if you want to be a mommy when you grow up." Kaykay suddenly put her hand down. I asked her, "you don't want to be a mommy when you grow up?" Kaykay: "No, I want to be a cheerleader instead."
  • Rebecca: This morning I finished up a movie project I've been working on for Rebecca Alexander. I was slipping the cover page into the dvd case & Rebecca was asking me what I was doing. After I explained I could see the wheels turning in her head. Then she asked if Sister Alexander doesn't have any kids. I said that she does. She said, "do her little kids not take those things apart?" I am just sure Rebecca was ready to pull the sleeves out of all of my dvd cases. Good thing I sent Sister Alexander's off this morning before a curious little girl got her hands on it...
  • Rebecca: This morning Elizabeth slept in until 9 a.m before I finally woke her up. We had the baby monitor on downstairs to hear if she started to cry. I told Rebecca that Lizzie must be having very good dreams since she had still not woken up. Rebecca said, "I know. She's dreaming about me and her, not about you."
Rebecca pretty much monopolized the quotes this week. She's getting to be pretty witty these days. And I guess I'm with her more than any of the kids besides Lizzie, so it makes sense that I would hear more classic quotes from her than from anybody else. Sometimes the other kids say things and I think "I've got to remember that," but if I don't have my little note paper & pen handy, I really never remember what they said. I have alzheimer's already.



Sunny, where are you going?


join us for a tea party!


The Lander/Riverton football game



totally zonked




is there any room left in that jogger?


now that is one cool kid!

2 comments:

stephschmidt said...

Such funny quotes! And I love all the pictures, especially the "totally zonked" :) Looks pretty comfy to me!

Julie said...

I love your happy thoughts, pictures and funny sayings!