Today Elizabeth is 15 months old. She went to her well-check this morning and is off the charts for weight. She is not off the charts like Cameron was off the charts -- he was above the 100th percentile for weight. Lizzie is below the 0 percentile for weight and getting lower on the chart for height (although her head is still getting bigger - anyone surprised?). The doctor wasn't too concerned when he learned that I am still nursing her. I told him I plan to wean her tomorrow (I had planned on 15 months anyway). He said to bring her in for a re-weighing at 18 months and to feed her peanut butter and other high-fat foods in the meantime. She doesn't enjoy whole milk. She would much rather nurse. This may be quite a battle. The doctor said it is time to use tough love. :( She is my smallest baby. Even Ian never went below the 5th percentile.
This is an exciting and a sad time for me. She is the last baby I'll ever nurse. I admit, though, that I am excited to go on to the next stage in my life and I love the ages my kids are right now. While I am sad to see Elizabeth reach each new milestone because I know she's my last baby, I'm also excited to see her grow up and think of what it will be like when she's Rebecca's age, and Teancum's age, and so on. So tonight I will nurse her for the very last time, and that's why this Flashback Friday is dedicated to my little nursing newborns - Elizabeth, Rebecca, Teancum, Jamey, Micah, and Cameron. It is the dawning of a new era.
Friday, October 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













4 comments:
Those are such precious pictures. If only those moments didn't disappear so quickly! They don't stay newborns for long, do they?
Ditto Valeri :) I think it's fun to see how you guys change over the years :)
Those were fun to see. Thanks for sharing.
I understand your statements here. It is hard and good to move on from the baby stages. I didn't like being done nursing either. Such a great time with each little kiddo. Hope it goes well.
Post a Comment