Monday, October 6, 2008

Happy Thoughts from the Past Week



Happy Thoughts from the Past Week:

  • another little mommy toddling around the house
  • squealing pre-schoolers
  • the letter C
  • junior high dance classes
  • Christmas card photos that were relatively painless
  • Micah made it on Student Council again
  • Jamey had a good attitude even though he didn't get elected to Student Council and the big brother that he idolizes did
  • a fabulous General Conference
  • enjoying church in my pajamas
  • home-grown potatoes, tomatoes, and onions
  • boys being proud of their gardens
  • absolutely splendid weather
  • a happy soccer team, proud of their accomplishments this season & looking forward to the new season
  • kids playing board games together...without fighting
  • 2 deacons (almost) attending the Priesthood Session with their dad
  • having 2 twelve year olds and 3 nine year olds in the house, or as they call it "a set of twins and a set of triplets"
  • having James safely home from Casper
  • a gargoyle souvenir from James' training by the Dark Side
  • a birthday boy to be proud of
  • leaves falling in my hair & the smell of pumpkins & wood-burning stoves in the morning
  • a 4th grader who chooses reading to 1st graders as his reward for good behavior
  • no calls from the principal so far this school year...
  • little balls of poop on the carpet and a naked baby running through the house
Classic Quotes from the Past Week:
  • Teancum: "If Jesus didn't have scissors it would be so bad cause guess what! Then boys wouldn't be able to cut their hair and they would look like girls."
  • Rebecca: "I'm gonna go to work when I'm a mom. Cause my kids will be at school so no one will have to babysit them." Mom: "Who will clean your house?" Rebecca: "the kids." Yeah, right -- we'll see if that happens!
  • Teancum: I went for a walk with Teancum's 1st grade class to look at all the "signs of fall." Leaves were falling from the trees into my hair. Teancum laughed at me and said, "I think your name should be Mrs. Leaves!"
  • Rebecca: I was upset with Rebecca and asked if she wanted a spanking. She retorted in a mocking voice, "Mom, you don't even know how to spank!"
  • Rebecca: "I wish I lived in Chinese cause kids be nice in Chinese."
  • Rebecca: "When I grow up I will just have four girls." Mom: "But if you only have girls then who will play with trucks and army guys?" Rebecca: "OK, then I will just have one boy, but the rest will be girls."
  • Rebecca: I think my sweet little princess is turning into a wicked witch sometimes. Whenever she doesn't get her way she almost always says, "I wish you weren't my mom!" And sometimes she'll suggest other moms that she wishes were hers instead, "KayKay's mom," "Jamison's mom," "Paige's mom," etc.
  • Rebecca: Rebecca told me that I am fat because I'm a mom. I asked her if all moms are fat and she said, "No, not Sister Sandall! She's long and skinny!" There's a boost to my self esteem for the day, eh? :)









3 comments:

Valeri said...

I love the "Mom, you don't even know how to spank!" That's priceless! How did you respond? Did you show her that do indeed know how to spank? Hehe.

The Gardner Family said...

You all definitely look much better in brown and gold (and pink) than in that "other" color. ;)

Julie said...

I love Rebecca's comments! Great pictures.