Monday, October 13, 2008

Happy Thoughts from the Past Week


Happy Thoughts from the Past Week:

  • Micah searching for Jamey's old Wolf book for instructions on how to tie a tie
  • a brand new deacon
  • Lizzie learned how to take the lid off permanent markers. uh-oh!
  • a pick-up soccer game with our old team & the Sandalls
  • 2 new offices to move into
  • finally having phone service in James' new office
  • Rebecca teaching Elizabeth her colors with flashcards during my run
  • Cameron waving at me out the junior high window
  • a puffy pink coat and a little girl who can't move in it
  • scouts making cookies
  • a trailer full of tree branches
  • sitting in the hot tub with James while snow falls on us
  • Micah checking for updates about BYU on the internet
  • the snow looks beautiful from out the window, while sipping my hot cocoa and wearing my warm slippers
Classic Quotes from the Past Week:
  • Teancum: "Mom, what's this HUGE hole for?" as he opens the hole in his pajama bottoms, which was meant to give boys easy access to use the bathroom.
  • Rebecca: Bragging to her friends, "I have more cousins and neighbors than anyone!" in a "my dad's stronger than your dad" sort of way.
  • Teancum: "If you take drugs you will get... what's that disease called? Oh yeah, lemonia!"
  • Rebecca & Teancum: This actually happened while I was downstairs, but James told me about it. Rebecca: "Why did Mom marry you, anyway?" Teancum: "Because he was the only one left."
Grumpy Thoughts from this Morning:
Plug your ears -- I am going to VENT!!! You all know that I am not fond of snow. I would be perfectly content to live in Moab or Arizona or New Mexico and only see snow on tv, but I love James so I make myself happy in places where snow tends to come during the winter.

Well, our new van has very bad tires on it. We knew it did before we bought it. Since it is a Chevy van and our old one is a Ford van, we can't just switch the tires straight over because the rims are different. We have an appointment to pay the tire shop a whole bunch of money to switch our relatively new tires from the old van over to the new van on Friday, and also to switch our nearly brand new snow tires over to new (or hopefully used) rims. That is a huge bummer, but what else can we do? We certainly can't drive our new van anywhere with the current tires it has on it.

This morning I took the little girls to dance class. I was nervous when I pulled into the snow-filled parking lot, but there were lots of other cars parked there so I figured I would be fine. I wasn't. When I came out and tried to drive away, my van was totally stuck in the snow. I tried several times to get it out, probably making it worse, before giving up. Since James has my cell phone I had to borrow some little girl's cell phone to try to call him, and then he didn't answer any of his phone numbers because he was meeting with a client.

Luckily the dance studio is not far from my house so I could just walk home, but there was seriously steam coming out my ears as I trudged home through the snow that had not yet been shoveled and I was SOOO grateful that we didn't have school today so that I didn't have Elizabeth with me. The trees are still heavy with snow and I was nervous every time I walked under one because of all the branches I've seen all over town that have snapped off of trees. I will be VERY glad when James finally has his cell phone and I will be VERY glad when we have better tires on the new van. There, I am done venting now and I feel MUCH better!







1 comment:

Julie said...

I love it! I love to hear you vent. I love that you hate snow. I love that your little baby is so dang adorable! I love all of your pictures. Thanks for sharing.