Monday, September 15, 2008
Victory Tastes So Sweet
The Mighty Midgets faced the giant Goliaths again and once again proved themselves to be mighty little men/women. At half time it was 4 to 0. I'm sure Coach Sandall gave her team quite the pep talk because they came back from halftime roaring! Our team's weakness is the last few minutes of the game when they're all sooooo worn out from running so long & hard, and they lose steam. The tall players on the other team took advantage of that and scored 3 goals in the last few minutes of the game and probably would have taken the lead if they'd had an additional minute to play. I thought we had tied the game, and apparently so did Kris, but everyone else is positive that our team had 4 goals (Micah 2, Nick 1, and Josiah 1). It was exciting and I think James lost his voice from all the yelling. Next time I'm sure the other team will come back MAD and ready for a WIN! This is Soccer Week -- we have a game tonight, tomorrow night is the Soccer Picnic & team pictures and Micah is reffing a game (he was supposed to ref tonight but decided he'd rather play so he got a sub. We would have been in trouble without him!), and Wednesday we play Dr. Crane's team again. I wonder if we'll come home moping???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment