Tuesday, September 16, 2008

It's the Most Wonderful Day of the Year!

Happy Birthday to Me! I hope you're all enjoying the most wonderful day of the year! I sure am. James, Cameron, Micah, and Jamey all decided to stay home and spend the day with me -- partly because they love me and partly because they have a nasty flu bug and are flat in bed. What great guys, always thinking of their mother!

Actually, last night after our big soccer game and Family Home Evening, those 3 boys requested that James take them to the store to get me a special birthday present. I'm not sure what Micah got me because he won't show it to me yet (and he's in bed), but check out what sweet little 9 year old Jamey got me:


He obviously wants to have a very stylish mother (and sister -- Rebecca insisted I put some on her fingernails & toenails right away). Beautiful! And thoughtful little Cameron wanted to cook me a spectacular birthday meal of Olive Garden fettucini alfredo and cheese cake, but I reminded him that tonight is the big Soccer BBQ/Picnic so we won't be eating at home. Today when he gave me the ingredients he had purchased for me, he told me that I could cook my special birthday meal "whenever I decided to eat at home again." James told him he'd better put the present in the freezer when they got home last night, so not only did Cameron put the cheesecake in the freezer but he also put the noodles & alfredo sauce in the freezer. :)

My parents have always made my birthdays so special and have always gone above and beyond to make me feel important on my important day, and now my little family is following suit. Teancum wrapped up several of his treasures in papertowels & scotch tape as my birthday present, including one of his Game Boy games, and he said, "you can play my Game Boy whenever you want to!" He must REALLY love me! Rebecca saw all the fun and began wrapping up various items from around the house (her Barbie coloring book that is half-colored already, a Blue Ice, and a cassette tape she found on the floor) in papertowels & tape and giving them to me as presents. What cute little munchkins.

Now my 3 boys are claiming to be all better (Micah was throwing up from 11 p.m. until about 2 a.m.), but James is totally zonked in bed and all he's requested all day is some tylenol. I'm not sure what will happen with the BBQ. I imagine I'll let Micah ref his game if he really is feeling better, and I'd like James and the boys to be able to come for their soccer pictures, but I guess we'll have to see how James is feeling this evening. I am very grateful that I don't have this flu bug (yet!).

I dropped off Rebecca at her ABC pre-school and the moms there all wished me a happy birthday & KimberLee brought me a cake & present, so I am definitely not being neglected today. Well, everybody keep enjoying my special day. It is, after all, the most wonderful day of the year!

7 comments:

stephschmidt said...

Happy Happy Birthday! I'm so glad you're having such a wonderful day! I LOVE the stylin nails :) and sweet Cameron with dinner AND dessert and the Game Boy and all your gifts. You really do have such thoughtful children!

The Gardner Family said...

Looks like they are spoiling you! You deserve it! Happy Birthday!

Wendy said...

Happy Birthday, Camille! What great kids that know how to celebrate their mom's birthday!

Julie said...

Happy Birthday!!! I hope you have had the best day ever! Your little family is so sweet. Sorry they are sick too. I hope you live up your birthday all week long. At our age we deserve more than just one day. :)

brittanyc said...

Happy, Happy Birthday!! I think it is very sweet that your older kids actually spend their own money and time on your gifts. I am very impressed. I can tell your day was awesome (other than sickness! Seems Clara is coming down with something, too). Love the blue nails!! I hope you know me well enough NOT to be offended that my gifts are always late. I am never ever on top of things like that. But know I'm thinking of you and love you dearly and will mail a gift shortly!! Happy Birthday!! Love,
Britt

Valeri said...

You are too cute, Camille! It sounds like you had a very special day, despite the sick boys. Hope you get to enjoy your fettuccine alfredo soon!

No, I unfortunately did not have the baby yesterday. I have to say I'm a bit relieved, though Camille IS a nice name. :)

Happy Birthday!

Josh n Betsie said...

happy birthday late. Sorry! I hope you didn't get the bug