Happy Thoughts from the Past Week:
- intrepid boaters
- SOCCER!!!
- freezing fresh, sweet corn with Kristi
- Teancum & James snuggled up on the couch "watching" football
- a successful ward service project
- a healthy primary activity
- What a great month this is!
- my precocious pre-schooler
- no calls from the principal! So far so good!
- a jar full of grasshoppers
- a vacuum with a hose to suck up the grasshoppers who escaped in our downstairs bathroom
- catching Oreo (twice) (see below)
- sore fingers and a lesson learned
Classic Quotes from the Past Week:
- Teancum: "I have a girlfriend with a beautiful name. Even Mr. Wilson thinks her name is beautiful." Mom: "What is her name?" Teancum: "I don't remember, but I do know that it's beautiful."
- Rebecca: Rebecca must have been talking about the pioneers in church or at pre-school because she has brought it up quite a bit the past week. She asked me why the pioneers died and I told her that a lot of them froze to death. She asked whether we were cold when we dressed up like pioneers for the Sweetwater Rescue movie. Then later on that day she asked, "Did the pioneer's coats break?" She couldn't figure out why they would be so cold and not do anything about it.
- Teancum: In primary this year we're learning the song "If the Savior Stood Beside Me." One afternoon Teancum told me, "I know that Jesus isn't standing beside me because when I put my arms out like this I don't feel him and when I swing my arms like this I don't hear anybody say "ouch." :)
- Rebecca: "If you want to be as big as Sister Sandall, you need to have more birthdays. Every time you have a birthday you grow bigger." She later explained that Daddy has already had as many birthdays as Brother Sandall because he is already as big as him.
This is the mess we created when catching Oreo the first time. The twins saw him run through the hallway behind our book shelves, so James pulled all the books off the book shelves & pulled the shelves out, and the kids caught him. He bit Jamey on the finger when Jamey put him back. It was actually a good thing that Oreo went behind there because I'd been trying to get James to rearrange my bookshelves for a while so this was a kick-start on his "honey-dew" list and now I have neatly organized book shelves in the family room. (he brought a second set of shelves from Jamey's room) Then 2 days later, Ian decided he wanted to hold Oreo so he and Jamey took him out and guess what -- he escaped again! This time James saw him follow the heater from Jamey's room into the twins' room so they destroyed the twins' room trying to catch him and they were successful, except this time he bit Ian's finger -- HARD. He was NOT HAPPY to be captured again! Now the boys are all leery of holding the mice, and well they should be!
Here is our newly organized family room. The Schlosser's gave us this computer and it works great - much better than the kids' old computer, and now we have 2 so they won't fight as much. It can even play dvd's.









2 comments:
Oh my gosh, I think Teancum is hilarious! I'm glad he didn't hurt Jesus! That is priceless! And I can't wait to hear his girlfriends beautiful name :)
Wow that is a lot of scrapbooks - you are so amazing the way you keep up with everything! I'm glad Teancum hasn't managed to hit Jesus yet - that is too funny!
Post a Comment