Friday, September 19, 2008

Flashback Friday


OK, so I guess I should turn off the Darth Vader voice & music for this post, especially since these are my baptism photos, but I like the music too much so it's staying for at least one more day...

Returning to the theme of important birthdays of the past, here is my 8th birthday & baptism day. I don't remember a lot from this day, except that Aunt Valeri asked me how I felt after wards and I said, "wet." Grandma Butterfield made my pretty white dress.



The remainder of my birthday was just as special as the beginning. Micah had asked me what my favorite ice cream flavor was, so that evening when it was time to eat Cameron's cheese cake, Micah pulled out 2 cartons of Cookie Dough ice cream. Ethan gave me a fish poster that his teacher had given him at the end of last school year. Kristi gave me an electric knife so I can process corn all by myself, and Marsha ordered a beautiful pink floral arrangement & had it delivered to my house. And I received many birthday greetings from all of you! It is sad that the most wonderful day of the year is in the past now, but there's only 362 days until it rolls around again!!!

3 comments:

brittanyc said...

It's hard to think of you as eight years old. You were pretty stinking cute, and you still look the same!
Britt

stephschmidt said...

I love how much you love your birthday! :) Cute pictures! Do you still have that dress that Grandma Butterfield made? I kept mine for years and years, but now can't seem to remember what happened to it....

Wendy said...

Those are cute pictures and what a fun Flashback Friday!