Monday, September 22, 2008

Happy Thoughts from the Past Week


Happy Thoughts from the Past Week
  • the most important day of the year!!!!
  • a brand new job
  • a brand new van
  • shopping around for offices & realizing that it's finally happening for real!
  • soccer balls rolling across Main Street
  • six baby teeth
  • a six year old's first lost tooth
  • a visit from the tooth fairy
  • ducks crossing the road
  • six year old cutting the tags off all his shirts because he can't stand them against his neck, and because he likes to look at the words and pictures on them.
  • another invitation for Micah to play Strikers - this time from a U14 coach. Even though the answer is always no, it's a great confidence booster for Micah
  • a successful soccer picnic
  • my little pink swimmer
  • my little pink balerina
  • matching pink bows in little blondes' hair
  • Cameron's new job at the Junior High Store
  • Lizzie got over her stomach bug & is feeling much better now
  • I haven't had the stomach bug
  • a fun birthday lunch with friends
  • thoughtful, sweet boys who did everything in their power to make my birthday special, even though they were throwing up & in bed. :)
  • kids all wanting to have sleep-overs together
  • busy, busy, busy... I love being busy!
Classic Quotes from the Past Week
  • I put Lizzie's hair in 2 pigtails today so Teancum started calling her "Baby Ponytails."
  • Rebecca: "Mom, you have LOTS of boyfriends!"
  • Teancum: "If the tooth fairy is as tiny as a fry, I mean a fly, then it wouldn't even be able to have a brain!"
  • Rebecca: She was sassing me and I said, "people don't talk to people that way." Rebecca: "No. You just don't know what Jesus says to do."
  • Rebecca: While watching "Enchanted," "I'm that girl!" Teancum: "Well, I'm all the birds and rats, and all the other aminals."
  • Jamey: Tonight while we were eating dinner, which I thought was pretty good - at least I was enjoying it, Jamey said, "remember back when you used to, like, cook dinner?" This was followed by roars of laughter from the rest of the family because it's an ongoing joke about what a terrible cook I am. I think Jamey felt pretty bad about it because while I was doing the dishes he scurried to get the broom & dust pan and did a fabulous job cleaning the kitchen floor. And now he's upstairs rearranging all the books in the book shelves and organizing them according to type. :)
  • Rebecca: She's been very concerned this week about me marrying someone else. We went to a store and before we went in she said, "I think everyone in this store is going to want to marry you... Then we would have LOTS of dads!" Later on that same day she said, "I'll tell you if someone else is trying to marry you." and "I hope you won't change your mind about marrying dad. How would you feel is Dad married a different mom?" I wonder if all of this had anything to do with her best friend Paige's parents being divorced?
  • Ian: this is the best birthday quote ever. He asked me how old I was and I said, "34." He said, "Oh, you're just the same as Rebecca's age... except for the thirty part!"


















What the Whitings do for entertainment


Micah saved up his money to buy one of these new popular toys (I can't remember the name of it right now). So then of course Jamey had to have one too because he wants to be just like Micah. So instead of the movie & present that he could choose for this birthday, he got just this item (whatever it's called) for his only birthday present. It is good motivation to get his homework, piano, and reading done quickly so he can go out and play on it.

2 comments:

The Gardner Family said...

Your pictures are great!! Those rip sticks are the big hit in our neighborhood. They've even spray painted on our street where the orange cones go for races. Even some of the parents have tried it. I definitely expect to see video of you doing it!

Julie said...

I love your happy thoughts of the week. I haven't posted anything for so long I think I'll do one for the month. Your pictures are great too. love it.