Sunday, May 31, 2009

Things My Children Should Know By Now

  • Right after I put the last dish into the dishwasher is the WRONG time to ask for a snack
  • "Those aren't my socks!" is the wrong thing to say to the woman who sorts your laundry every day and is, therefore, an expert on the identity of sock owners
  • Yes, you have to eat that.
  • If you empty the dishwashers while I'm on my run, I might be less annoyed by you getting up earlier than you should. If you empty dirty dishwashers while I'm on my run, I will be extra annoyed that you got up earlier than you should.
  • Arguing with me will get you into more trouble than you started out in. Period.
  • I am always right. Even if I might happen to be wrong, I am still right.
  • Pushing everything from the center of the room to the edges of the walls does not count as cleaning your room.
  • Ignore me and I will NOT go away.
  • Those who turn their shirts and pants right-side-out before putting them into the hamper get extra credit.
  • If you can't hear me, come into the other room. Don't continue yelling "what? WHAT? WHAT?????" louder and louder and louder.
  • No, you can't start a movie at ten o'clock. Why are you even still up?
  • I love you no matter what. And I always will.

1 comment:

Alison said...

Maybe you can come over to my house to teach my kids these truths.