Thursday, May 7, 2009

Pack Meeting Minutes

We had a fun Pack Meeting last Thursday. The theme was "Jurasic Pack." Bishop Fagnant planned some great dinosaur-related activities for the kids. I made chocolate pudding with "dinosaur bones" (sour-patch kids) that they could dig through for refreshments. They had "dino bites" cereal on top, so it was supposed to really resemble digging through the dirt for dinosaur bones. I made almost 100 of them (with James' help) and brought home probably 25 of them, which we gladly finished off. It took nearly 2 gallons of milk to make that much pudding!

All three of the boys received multiple awards. When Bishop Fagnant asked Ian what he had done to earn the Aquanaut badge, Ethan hurried over to me and asked me to remind him what he had done for that badge. But when it was his turn, Bishop Fagnant asked him what he had done to earn the Family Member badge instead. He was embarrassed because he couldn't really remember (how could he forget about tracking all of his jobs for 2 months? I sure remembered that!). Actually, none of the boys seemed to remember what they had done to earn their awards, except for the one that beat everybody in Chess. It was a quick and fun night (the best kind of pack meeting).


1 comment:

Alison said...

There were "bones" in the pudding? I didn't know that. I guess the kids snarfed them down too fast. That was a fun pack meeting.